City Watch Leicester Enivropolicy
We recognise that our own operations also have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. As a consequence of this, we are committed to continuous improvements in our own environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
Our Company Secretary was responsible for an initial assessment of the company's practices. The directors participated in defining the policy and the creation of the Environmental Policy. The policy has been adopted by the directors and has been communicated to all employees. An annual review will be carried out by the Company Secretary and presented to the directors with an aim to secure continual improvement of our environmental performance which can be achieved with the economically viable application of best available technology.
We welcome input from clients, on this important feature of our work, thereby helping to sharpen our policy. We are also happy to advise clients by sharing our methods.
The Environmental Policy Action Plan incorporates the following general features :
- The encouragement of a sense of environmental responsibility among all employees
- The assessment of the environmental impact of all new activities in advance
- The implementation of measures necessary to prevent, eliminate or reduce pollution, emissions and waste generation to the minimum andto conserve resources, taking clean technologies into account
- Establish and up-date procedures and actions in the case where non-compliance with the environmental policy, objectives or targets is observed
- Ensure that contractors working on the company's behalf apply environmental standards equivalent to the company.
More specifically we :
- Use electronic communications, reducing consumption of paper
- Recycle waste paper and printer cartridges
- Lift share to events, meetings, etc., to reduce fuel consumption
- Use a computer-based route planning system
- Recycle old Mobile phones through envirofone.com and encourage our clients to do so.
- Recycle radio batteries that have come to the end of their life.